About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in
history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers, and
users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate
open technology development and commercial adoption.
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch
talent. We are as passionate of providing a flexible and supportive work
culture as we are in Open Source Software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we
pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to
The Linux Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Linux Systems Engineer
The Linux Foundation is looking for an experienced Linux Systems
Engineer to join the Certification IT team. The Certification IT team is
responsible for the development and support of the Certification
Platform which hosts various skills based technical exams.
For more information about our service, visit
To apply for this role, please send a short email with your resume to
- Assist in design, development, testing, implementation, deployment
and maintenance of distributed systems across multiple regions within
different Cloud providers.
- Provide level 3 technical support to Linux Foundation support staff
on platform operational related issues.
- Document technical design and processes for Linux Foundation team
Skills and Technical Experience
- Advanced Linux system programming in bash and python.
- Linux systems management using SaltStack and the SaltStack API.
- Low level Linux system administration experience with CentOS, Ubuntu
and openSUSE with excellent troubleshooting and problem solving
- Experience using git for version control.
- Experience with AWS services EC2, CloudFormation, SQS, S3, VPC, IAM
and Route53 in a production environment.
- OpenStack experience running in a production environment.
- Experience with building and deploying Docker containers within
- Python experience in building HTTP API clients and servers.
- A demonstrated ability in writing technical documentation for team
members to communicate complex design, concepts and workflows.
- Ability to work autonomously from a remote location with team members
being located in the United States, Canada and Australia.