We are in search for a Senior Linux Engineer who has experience integrating/migrating defence or similar systems into a new virtualised Linux cluster and storage system. This role will engage with Defence engineers and collaborate with Government stakeholders to ensure smooth migration of new system and decommission of old legacy system.
* Assist Project Manager with project planning and monitoring
* Assist with auditing of applications on existing servers, and configuration of Defence systems, applications and databases on new servers
* Develop system test plan for staging systems and coordinate applications testing on new platform
* Ensure configuration standards are being followed and are documented
* Contribute to system cutover plans
* Provide ongoing support for the Defence systems
* Provide customised puppet configurations
* Provide support for automated deployment systems
* Some interstate travel
* Solid systems engineering and design in a Linux/Unix environment
* Experience with integration/migration of large defence or similar systems
* Experience leading technical infrastructure projects
* Good skills in shell scripting, Perl scripting, web page design, CGI/PHP scripting as part of the configuration of the systems as well as Oracle SQL for the database configuration
* Security clearance not required
This is a contract role till the end of the year with the view to extend another 6 months.
Hourly rates are negotiable $80-120 per hour inc super or plus GST.
We ideally require a contractor who can start at short notice.
If you would like to apply please send your CV to gclemente(a)mosaicrecruitment.com.au<mailto:email@example.com>.
IT Recruitment Consultant - Infrastructure
Mosaic IT&T - Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) endorsed recruitment company
Level 13, 459 Little Collins St, Melbourne 3000
Direct: 03 9928 2923
Mobile: 0437 385 189
Fax: 03 9639 2500
This message contains privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you
must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Skilled Group Limited or its subsidiaries.
The sender cannot guarantee that this email or any
attachment to it is free of computer viruses or other
conditions which may damage or interfere with data,
hardware or software with which it might be used.
It is sent on the strict condition that the user carries
out and relies on its own procedures for ensuring
that its use will not interfere with the recipients systems
and the recipient assumes all risk of use and absolves
the sender of all responsibility for any consequence of its use.
We are looking for a Full time employee and potentially two contract positions related to the below Job.
Any interest reply with your resume attached and a contact number and we'll be in touch.
We are currently seeking an IP Telephony Engineer with extensive experience with Asterisk and FreeSWITCH to design, develop & deploy an advanced VoIP service in a global enterprise environment. The individual must bring a passion for all aspects of VoIP networking and engineering.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work within a dynamic team to Design, Develop and Deploy VoIP telephony
· Interface with business customers and peer IT teams to develop & analyze requirements to deliver solutions
· Work with carriers to diagnose and fix issues
· Develop process and procedures for implementation and operational support of systems
· Assist in the architecture and implementation of our new platform
· Assist in capacity planning, switch layout design, IP addressing for reliability, performance and quality
· Verify, test and document all process for new platform
Skills & Specifications:
· Strong engineering and operational experience in service provider networks
· In-depth understanding of SIP, RTP and RTCP
· Experience configuring and maintaining open source SIP server software including but not limited to patching, upgrades, logs and debugs
· Team and cooperative work ethic and approach
· In-depth understanding of open source PBX features, configuration, deployment and support (Asterisk and FreeSWITCH).
· Knowledge of network server policies, routing network elements and collocation modeling
· Ability to perform SIP debugs, capture and analyze SIP and RTP to isolate and resolve issues
· Hands-on experience configuring routers and switches to maximize SIP / RTP pass through
· Experience working directly with carriers and trunk providers.
· In-depth understanding of switching for a telephony standpoint into the PSTN
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A: Level 15, 10 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
P: + 61 3 9956 0000 | F: +61 3 9510 2503
W: www.acquirebpo.com<http://www.acquirebpo.com/> | E: georgien.dimis(a)acquirebpo.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
FOLLOW Acquire on:
NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender.
Hi Fellow Linux Admins,
I'm currently the Linux systems administrator for a 50 Server (approx) + 30PC
site in Melbourne. I'm looking for a consultant that can be my backup
should I go on holidays etc..
* Centos / Fedora
* Postfix / Dovecot
* NFS mounts + SAN / NAS typical configuration
* Redhat IPA
* VMWare vSphere behind the scenes (just the basic Essentials pack)
* 2x Cisco ASAs Firewall with IPS
* Approx 20% windows servers and reluctantly, we run a Microsoft AD for
Windows Clients. Samba 4 one day....?
* CCNA/RHCE would be a bonus (but not a must)
* Passion for Linux
* At least 3 years commercial experience
* Flexible hours, you'll probably bill 20 days a year solid. Contract or
casual employee is fine.
Please pass on your details, day rates and/or resumes and I'll be in touch.