I have several opportunities in the Linux Sys Admin & DevOps space at the
moment both in contract and permanent positions.
Broadly, the skillset I am looking for is requires experience across the
· Proven Linux/UNIX programming skills (CentOS, BSD), experience
with open source software like OpenNMS, FreeRADIUS and pfSense.
· Sound experience working on network equipments in an ISP
environment along with high level scripting BASH/Perl skills
· In-depth understanding of the following technologies: IP
Protocols (ICMP, UDP, TCP), IP filtering and firewall, Routing Protocols
(BGP, OSPF, ISIS), Ethernet (STP, RSTP, 802.1q VLANs, QinQ)
- Git, Bamboo, Jenkins, Puppet, MySQL, Xen clusters
In the cloud infrastructure area, I am looking for people with
skills/interest in automation:-
· Operations team experience, Systems engineering experience, very
strong focus on collaboration.
· In depth experience with implementing at least one configuration
management system, puppet, chef, ansible.
· Build pipeline experience, design and implementation (Jenkins,
· Extensive experience with virtualization (Vmware, Xen).
Infrastructure as a service and platforms as a service (AWS, Azure, GCE,
Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Heroku, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry)
· Outstanding ability to be agile and nimble, learn all the tricks
needed to deliver on time.
· Programming and scripting experience (Python, Ruby, Perl,
· Passion for understanding the Operating system layer (CentOs,
Redhat, Ubuntu, Windows)
· Web application server experience (Jetty, Tomcat, Websphere,
Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS)
· Experience in managing current database technologies (Cassandra,
Oracle, Mongo, MySQL)
· A thirst for squeezing every last bit of performance out of every
Please pass on to your users along with my contact details, I would be
happy to provide further information to people who are interested.
*Phil Fowler* | Infrastructure Services Consultant
*|p.* 03 8637 3343 *|m.* 0408 880 115
*|a.* Level 13, 356 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Click here to see our Terms of Business
Click here for our email Disclaimer <http://www.pra.com.au/email-disclaimer>