Micron21 is an outer-eastern Melbourne Data Centre based in Kilsyth that specializes in server co location, virtualization, and enterprise-grade webhosting. We currently require a customer-focused support staff member that we can train into a Systems Administrator.
The main focus of this role is for the successful candidate to support new and existing clients from a Systems perspective whilst representing our company at the highest of professional levels.
You WILL need to have:
* A great deal of knowledge when it comes to Windows and Linux based Operating Systems
* Genuine and keen interest in cutting edge service provider technology
* Passion about expanding your skills and becoming one of the best in this field.
* The absolute best customer relationship and written English skills including excellent phone manner
* Certifications such as MCSA, MCSE, IT Diploma/Bachelors would be highly regarded or a tone of related experience.
* A deep understanding of how the internet works (TCP/IP, DNS, Routing, Firewalls)
* Ability to learn on your feet with an existing grasp of the technical concepts related to being a support staff member at a Service Provider.
* Corporate personal presentation when dealing fact to face with customers
* The mentality that failure or not meeting a deadline is never an option
* Flexibility to adapt your skills and multitask in a fast moving work environment
* Willingness to work on call outside business hours as we provide 24 X 7 support
Knowledge of the following would be useful:
Apache / IIS Skills, PHP, ASP, Perl, Bash Scripting, VB Scripting, Domain names, MySQL, MSSQL, SQL Queries, Sharepoint, High-availability, Executive/ Desktop Support, Exchange, Windows 2003, 2008, cPanel, Plesk, Group Policy, bind, Active Directory, SSL Certificates, Server hardening, Dell / HP / IBM Servers, VMware ESX, Xen, Cisco / Juniper Networking
What you will get out of this role:
* The role is a full time permanent position
* This position will never be dull, boring, or repetitive, something new and exciting happens every day at Micron21
* You will learn how to run nearly every aspect of a fully-fledged Data Centre
* You will learn and be certified in VMware's vSphere Virtualization platform and high-level Linux and Windows based Systems Administration skills.
* We'll supply a iPhone and a new laptop
In order to apply please send your resume with a coversheet outlining why you want this job, the benefits we will attain from employing you and how your skills match up with those in this job description.
Founded in 2001, Micron21 Pty. Ltd. has grown from a reseller status to become a fully fledged datacentre based in the outer east part of Melbourne. We control and own the entire infrastructure enabling us to provide fully managed cost effective services with the flexibility to provide custom solutions tailored to each individual client no matter how big or small. Our clients benefit from an extremely fast, secure and redundant network complemented by superior individual customer service and support available 24/7.
Micron21 has made a significant investment in securing redundant optic fibre and licensed microwave connections to our own outer eastern facility. We control every aspect of this facility which is monitored 24/7/365 by local Micron21 staff. Founded on the philosophy that quality of service is paramount, Micron21 prides itself in offering small to medium businesses the type of support and facilities usually reserved for multi-rack clients. As such we believe that we hold a niche position in the market, offering quick turnarounds to solutions ranging from single websites to complete enterprise grade datacentre solutions.
How to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter by email to - employment(a)micron21.com<mailto:email@example.com>
Looking forward to reviewing your application
W: 1300 769 972 | M: 0488 997 207 | D: (03) 9751 7616
E: james.braunegg(a)micron21.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> | ABN: 12 109 977 666
[Description: Description: Description: M21.jpg]
This message is intended for the addressee named above. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this message in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.
We’re looking for a permanent full time Linux Systems Administrator with 2 - 5 years experience remotely managing Ubuntu Linux systems. The role will include setup, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting and ongoing security management, and will require close interaction with clients.
You'll be very familiar with Ubuntu Linux and will have good general Linux and networking skills. You'll have solid practical knowledge of the following:
• IP networking
• Internet email
• SQL and
• Network management software
Experience with Java EE application servers, PostgreSQL, Postfix, OpenLDAP, PCI-DSS, Linux-HA, drbd, OSX or the communications industry is not necessary, but would be a bonus.
We're looking for someone who is flexible, self-motivated and well presented, with excellent communication skills, who enjoys problem solving, helping non-technical customers, and working in a small, busy, and experienced team.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and contact details in PDF or text format to jobs(a)inomial.com.
For more information, you can also email jobs(a)inomial.com -- it's a real inbox checked by a real person.
Inomial (http://www.inomial.com) develops business and network operational support software for Telcos and ISPs in Australia and the South Pacific. Our software manages everything from ordering and provisioning to rating, accounts receivable and automated credit card billing. Our customers include telcos, carriers, cable internet, DSL, hotspot and wireless internet companies, among others.
Chief Engineer @ Inomial
03 9999 3125
0417 954 640