Just curious if there is anything like this software for Linux, that will
play back not only the video, but show recorded GPS data too?
As far as I can tell, maybe not. Or at least Google isn't telling me
anything. However just wondering.
This is a strange problem as it is on a machine behind a DMZ and "chained" FIREWALL (CentOS).
I have a "/etc/hosts.deny" that has following line:
ALL : ALL : spawn ( /usr/sbin/safe_finger -l @%h | /usr/bin/Mail -s "THE_HOSTNAME\: Host denied\: %d from %c(%u)-%h" some(a)domain.com) &
which delivers following email every random minutes:
THE_HOSTNAME: Host denied: sshd from 126.96.36.199(unknown)-188.8.131.52
Normally it would not bother me, but the fact this machine is behind a DMZ and a FIREWALL makes this "interesting".
I, too, know the machine (and network) in question are quite wellknown ;-)
Now the thing is that "hosts.deny" sits before I can see the traffic with tcpdump/ngrep/iptraf, so this makes it a little harder to debug.
This is what I know:
- only I have shell access (passwd file is full of /bin/false and /bin/nologin) and it's ONLY via keys.
- rkhunter, chkrootkit and so on have no warnings
- the machines sendmail has clamav attached
- external firewall disallows access to that machine (only from internal network)
- external firewall blocks the entire network of 184.108.40.206/24
- the machine is my Samba Server
- the machine is fully up to date and rebooted
- it is my webdevelopment server for some domains
- it has some internal webserver tasks
- I have turned off ALL internal devices that could be hacked (nas drives, wifi, etc)
- the messages come up even if NO workstation is on
- external ssh is firewalled
I have tried all the standard utils (tcpump,lsof,fuser,netstat and so on) but this one has me baffled.
Any ideas anyone?
Howard's conjecture: The total dinner check of a party eating dutch will never equal the total of what each diner admits to having eaten.
| |0| | Jobst Schmalenbach, jobst(a)barrett.com.au, General Manager
| | |0| Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L
|0|0|0| +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia