Does anyone have real-world experience of using linux's interface
bonding on public networks?
(In the bandwidth-aggregation mode, not the redundancy mode)
I was wondering how I could make the following setup work:
* Rent a VPS in Melbourne with four IP addresses
* Get four (or just two) ADSL connections wired up to home
* Have your VPS connect four VPN connections from itself back to each
of your home IPs.
* Bond all four interfaces together
* Create a fifth VPN connection, this time going over the
bonded-virtual-interface between VPS and home, and then configure your
home server to use that link as the default route?
It sounds pretty messy and I'm not sure it'd actually work in
practice; the routing tables would be hell to get right.
Are there any guides already out there?