Toby Corkindale <toby(a)dryft.net> writes:
Does anyone have real-world experience of using
bonding on public networks?
(In the bandwidth-aggregation mode, not the redundancy mode)
I've done aggregation bonding before and it was sucky - weird heisenbugs IIRC.
Now I just buy a 10G NIC.
I was wondering how I could make the following setup
* Rent a VPS in Melbourne with four IP addresses
* Get four (or just two) ADSL connections wired up to home
* Have your VPS connect four VPN connections from itself back to each
of your home IPs.
* Bond all four interfaces together
* Create a fifth VPN connection, this time going over the
bonded-virtual-interface between VPS and home, and then configure your
home server to use that link as the default route?
If that can even work, it's pretty awful.
Why do you want this?
Can you move the office closer instead? ;-)