[luv-talk] Why is there a protest over the East West Link?

Rohan McLeod rhn at jeack.com.au
Mon Jun 30 15:43:50 EST 2014

Lev Lafayette wrote:
> On Mon, June 30, 2014 12:46 pm, Russell Coker wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:00:07 Carl Turney wrote:
>> Getting a little tangential to the subject heading,

Well I would just say digressing, (to I am also prone)  ;
but we all have different attitudes to geometry;
seem to remember some 'curious ' soul;
who found  an image of a tangent to a circle,
absolutely  hilarious !

>>   .................snip  the politicians seem to had deluded
>> themselves into thinking that if local morale was altered to believe
>> that they were winning the war, then the war would be won in Vietnam
>> too. They were existing in a "defactualized world".

For some reason we don't seem to recognise that 'lies' as intentional
untruths;
  are really quite  a small subset of the untruths, that humans
regularly utter.
For some reason lying is considered extremely evil; whilst unknowingly
telling untruths merely unfortunate;
even though it is often far from clear ,which is the case !
Obviously sometimes we can be sure our politicians know they are telling
lies;
but an assumption that they " are existing in a defactualized world"
seems fairly safe,
and those not  post-modern; simply deluded ?

                                                regards Rohan McLeod