automatically starting KVM

Dan062 dan062 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 24 14:26:30 AEDT 2015

On Wed, 23 Dec 2015 21:18:39 -0500
Jason White via luv-main <luv-main at luv.asn.au> wrote:

> Russell Coker via luv-main <luv-main at luv.asn.au> wrote:
> > To run KVM virtual machines it seems to be recommended to un virsh which
> > requires XML.
>

> I've run kvm guests directly, without virsh installed, while also managing
> them from the console. Thus, whether you actually need virsh depends on your
> requirements and environment.

What you are saying is true, But inmho, virsh give you far more control over the VM (eg: snapshots, connecting devices
live etc). While you may be able to do the same without virsh, using it to me is much easier, specially if you are doing it remotely.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
dan062 <dan062 at yahoo.com.au>