Getting systemd to not use cpuacct cgroup on RHEL 7.2

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Dec 22 06:52:04 AEDT 2015

Chris Samuel via luv-main <luv-main at luv.asn.au> wrote:

> I'm trying to get Slurm working on a RHEL7.2 system and I've hit an issue where
> systemd is already using the cpuacct cgroup hierarchy and that prevents Slurm
> from using it as it seems to be the one case where it can only be in use once.

While this doesn't directly answer your question, does anything on the
following page provide a clue?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Slurm

It's clear from this page that Slurm and Systemd are compatible.

Upon checking an Arch Linux system:

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)

shows that the control group is mounted.

This doesn't tell us how they worked around the issue. Do you have the Slurm
unit file for systemd? This might contain the necessary ingredient, but that's
just a guess on my part.