Fixing the LUV list?

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Sat Dec 5 16:50:59 AEDT 2015

On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 04:34:40PM +1100, Joel W. Shea via luv-main wrote:
> > http://lists.luv.asn.au/pipermail/luv-talk/2015-November/003584.html
>
> In that thread, I have attempted to convince the list administrator to
> use dmarc_moderation_action *instead of* from_is_list, as recommended by
> the Mailman documentation; effectively only rewriting the "From:" field
> where necessary, and I believe that's an acceptable compromise to many
> more people than the current solution.

that's a not-unreasonable compromise. it only mangles messages where
the alternative would be to have it bounce or be discarded....and, most
importantly, doesn't munge other messages where DMARC is not an issue.

> Only where the message has been sent from a domain with a restrictive
> DMARC policy like dmarc_moderation_action does; not every single
> message, as from_is_list does.

i'm in favour of it, as a compromise.  i'd prefer not to mangle
mail just to pander to giant corporations broken non-standards,
but at least dmarc_moderation_action seems to do minimal damage.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>