Fixing the LUV list?

Joel W. Shea jwshea at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:34:40 AEDT 2015

On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 12:57:23PM +1100, Brian May via luv-main wrote:

> First you need to convince the list administor to change it back.
> There was a long discussion on luv-talk (something like this should
> have been discussed on luv-main IMHO) you may have missed, see the
> first messsage:
>
> http://lists.luv.asn.au/pipermail/luv-talk/2015-November/003584.html

In that thread, I have attempted to convince the list administrator to
use dmarc_moderation_action *instead of* from_is_list, as recommended by
the Mailman documentation; effectively only rewriting the "From:" field
where necessary, and I believe that's an acceptable compromise to many
more people than the current solution.

> Basically rewriting the address is required so us not to break DKIM
> and DMARC.

Only where the message has been sent from a domain with a restrictive
DMARC policy like dmarc_moderation_action does; not every single
message, as from_is_list does.