[luv-announce] Software Freedom Day 2018 and LUV AGM

Andrew Pam andrew at sericyb.com.au
Wed Aug 29 18:20:09 AEST 2018

It's time once again to get excited about all the benefits that Free and
Open Source Software have given us over the past year and get together
to talk about how Freedom and Openness can improve our human rights, our
privacy, our security and our communities. It's Software Freedom Day!

Free Software Melbourne and Linux Users Victoria are celebrating the
15th annual Software Freedom Day with talks about Open Data, Free and
Open Source Software, Open Hardware and of course Linux. We'll also be
having plenty of networking opportunities and introductions to local
open source technology groups.

Software Freedom Day is a family friendly event and we have a code of
conduct we follow. In short: Be respectful. Be mindful. Work together.
Please invite anyone that is interested along to help make it a great day.

Entry is free any time with light refreshments on site (snacks and
sodas) and the delightful culinary options of nearby Errol St. at the
conclusion of proceedings.

We hope to see everyone on the 15th for a fantastic Software Freedom Day
2018!