[luv-announce] Notice of resumption of adjourned Special General Meeting, Tuesday 6 Dec 2016

Andrew Pam andrew at sericyb.com.au
Tue Nov 22 14:32:23 AEDT 2016

As the November Special General Meeting was adjourned due to lack of
quorum (being 10% of the full membership), the SGM will be reconvened in
conjunction with our regular December main meeting:

Start: Dec 6 2016 18:30
End: Dec 6 2016 20:30
Location: 6th Floor, 200 Victoria St. Carlton VIC 3053
Link: http://luv.asn.au/meetings/map

Adjourned Special General Meeting

Notice of LUV Special General Meeting, 6 December 2016, 19:30.

Linux Users of Victoria, Inc., registration number A0040056C, will be
resuming the adjourned Special General Meeting at 7:30pm on Tuesday, 6th
December 2016, on the 6th floor of 200 Victoria St. Carlton VIC 3053.

The SGM will be held in conjunction with our usual December Main Meeting.

SGM BUSINESS

The only matter of business to be considered at this meeting is:

*That Linux Users of Victoria apply to become a subcommittee of Linux
Australia and conditional upon acceptance, wind up the present Victorian
association as per rule 76 and section 133 of the Act and transfer all
members and assets to the newly formed subcommittee of Linux Australia.*

Proxies:

You may appoint another member of LUV as your proxy for this meeting, to
speak and vote on your behalf if you are unable to attend.

If you are submitting your proxy on paper, you should sign and date it.
If you are emailing your proxy, then the date and act of emailing will
be taken as the equivalent of signing and dating a paper proxy.

You can use the following form, which you can copy from between the
horizontal rules, inserting your own name and that of your proxy as
appropriate:

-------------------------

I, [insert your name], being a member of Linux Users of Victoria,
appoint [insert name of your proxy], being also a member of Linux Users
of Victoria, as my proxy to vote on my behalf at the Special General
Meeting of the association to be held on 2nd November 2016, and at any
adjournment of that meeting.

[You can add here any specific instructions to your proxy, such as
directions to vote in a particular way on a particular item. If you have
no specific instructions, you can delete this bracketed paragraph.]

-------------------------

Notes about proxies:

  1. You can appoint any LUV member as your proxy. However, the
committee suggests that it's practical and convenient to appoint the
President, Andrew Pam, as your proxy, who can be trusted to act on your
proxy faithfully.
  2. Emailed proxies should be sent to luv-secretary at luv.asn.au
<https://luv.asn.au/2016/12/luv-secretary@luv.asn.au>, and must be
received at least 24 hours before the meeting.
  3. Members who wish to send a paper proxy by post should contact the
Secretary for the postal address to use. Such proxies also must be
received at least 24 hours before the meeting.
  4. Paper proxies can also be presented at the commencement of the
meeting itself.
  5. We recommend using the above form. However, under the new model
rules, you can instead use any form that clearly identifies your proxy
and is signed by you.

Questions about this meeting are best posted to luv-meta at luv.asn.au
<https://luv.asn.au/2016/12/luv-meta@luv.asn.au>.

-- Andrew Pam, as LUV President.

-------------------------

200 Victoria St. Carlton VIC 3053
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/200+Victoria+St,+Carlton+VIC+3053,+Australia/@-37.806392,144.961084,17z/data=%214m2%213m1%211s0x6ad642ccb3428c33:0xba2cafe4b59fd07e%216m1%211e1>
(the EPA building)

Late arrivals needing access to the building and the sixth floor please
call *0490 049 589*.

Before and/or after each meeting those who are interested are welcome to
join other members for dinner. We are open to suggestions for a good
place to eat near our venue. Maria's on Peel Street in North Melbourne
is currently the most popular place to eat after meetings.

LUV would like to acknowledge Red Hat <http://redhat.com.au/> for their
help in obtaining the venue.

Linux Users of Victoria Inc. is an incorporated association,
registration number A0040056C.