[luv-announce] LUV Main March 2016 Meeting: Encryption and authentication / best of linux.conf.au 2016

Andrew Pam andrew at sericyb.com.au
Mon Feb 29 14:56:21 AEDT 2016

Apologies for the very late notice!  We've had some difficulties with
the regular venue.

LUV Main March 2016 Meeting
Start: Mar 1 2015 18:30
End: Mar 1 2015 20:30
Location: Infoxchange, 33 Elizabeth St. Richmond
Link: http://luv.asn.au/meetings/map

PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE

Speakers:

• Russell Coker, encryption and authentication with LetsEncrypt and TOR
• Andrew Pam, the best talks of the LCA2016 conference

Russell Coker, encryption and authentication with LetsEncrypt and TOR

Russell will be talking about and demonstrating the latest options for
encryption and authentication of the web with LetsEncrypt and TOR hidden
services. Learn how to get a free certificate for your domain!

Russell has done lots of Linux development over the years, mostly
involved with Debian.

Andrew Pam, the best talks of the LCA2016 conference

LUV members who attended this year's conference in Geelong will discuss
our favourite talks and probably show some video.

Andrew Pam first discovered an interest in boolean logic when his mother
carried him in her arms at just the right height to reach light switches
as they passed through doorways. He was lucky enough to go to a school
with an obsolete PDP/8e: switches, lights, core memory, paper tape,
punched cards and all. He first started programming on a TRS-80 model 1
level I and the first computer he owned was a Commodore VIC-20. He has
run the gaming Miniconference at linux.conf.au in the past and enjoys
playing computer games on Linux systems. He is the current president of
Linux Users of Victoria.

33 Elizabeth St. Richmond 3121 (enter via the garage on Jonas St.)

Late arrivals, please call (0490) 049 589 for access to the venue.

Before and/or after each meeting those who are interested are welcome to
join other members for dinner. We are open to suggestions for a good
place to eat near our venue. There are many great restaurants on
Victoria St. Richmond.

LUV would like to acknowledge Infoxchange for the meeting venue.

Linux Users of Victoria Inc. is an incorporated association,
registration number A0040056C.