[luv-announce] LUV Penguin Picnic and BBQ - Sat 21 January 2012 - please RSVP

Jiří Baum jiri at baum.com.au
Wed Jan 11 15:21:08 EST 2012

---------------------------------------
Saturday 21st January, 12 noon --- RSVP
Lake Esmond Botanical Gardens, Ballarat
---------------------------------------

The Linux Users of Victoria committee invites members, friends and
family to our annual Penguin Picnic and BBQ - a relaxed, informal
gathering in place of our usual meeting and workshop.

When: 12 noon, Saturday 21st January 2012

Where: Lake Esmond Botanical Gardens, Ballarat

Please RSVP (yes/no/maybe) to give us an idea of numbers; we're aiming
for a maximum of about 100 people, which should comfortably cover all
our regular attendees at both the Beginner and Intermediate/Advanced
meetings plus guests. Please e-mail luv-president at luv.asn.au or leave a
note for us at the linux.conf.au Registration Desk.

Some food will be provided, BYO salads and drinks and anything special.
As usual, all food comes with sauce.

Transport will be provided to/from Sovereign Hill, if you plan to visit
this attraction before and/or after the picnic.

LUV would like to acknowledge Red Hat for their help in obtaining the
Buzzard Lecture Theatre venue, BENK Open Systems for sponsoring the
Beginner's Workshops and VPAC for hosting!
http://redhat.com.au
http://benk.net.au
http://vpac.org

Jiri Baum - Secretary