Hi Peter

Is your data using joins or views for the tables your migrating? If not you could use a program like ProxySQL to allow the migration of single tables at a time.

The other option are mydumper and myloader (https://mydumper.github.io/mydumper/docs/html/index.html)

Not sure about others

Mike


On 2026-09-28 4:37 pm, Peter Ross wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am in a project where some bigger MySQL databases (250 GB+) need to
be migrated from MySQL 5.5 to MariaDB  10.11.

Fun part on top:It's only part of the DB server, it holds databases
with nearly 2 TB altogether.

A little bit uncertain how to do that.

MySQL replication will not work between these versions, I think.

I could snapshot the data directory but I don't think the data can be
used by MariaDB as it is?

Mysqldumps will take very long (I could afford a few hours outage,
maybe 3 hours, but that's it).I did not try but I don't think that
will finish in time.

Some Percona Tools, others?

For any ideas thankful
Peter

P.S. Hello everyone - it's been a while sinceI  was here :-)
_______________________________________________
luv-main mailing list -- luv-main@luv.asn.au
To unsubscribe send an email to luv-main-leave@luv.asn.au