Catalyst IT is part of a global team of skilled open source technologists, with our
offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, New Zealand and the UK. We specialise in
developing, designing and supporting enterprise grade systems using open source
(you may be interested to know that Catalyst essentially operates a pure GNU/Linux open
source environment, our corporate desktop/laptop standard is Ubuntu, LibreOffice, etc)
About this role
The Operations team delivers support, maintenance and architecture services to a range of
clients and systems. The nature of the work is varied and you may find yourself taking the
lead role on one or more projects as well as providing general systems support. We value
learning and development and encourage each other to discover and work with unfamiliar
This role is based in our Melbourne CBD Office
Areas you might work in as part of this team are:
- Analyzing, developing and evaluating complex system design.
- installing, configuring, and maintaining new software networks, including database
- Diagnosing and solving hardware and software problems
- Creating documentation for network inventory and resolution of network faults.
- Ensuring that the proper design of networks and adjusting the performance of
- Administering production Ubuntu Linux systems
- Open source software web servers and software databases
- Datacentre networking environments
- Deploying software in a secure, scalable and maintainable manner
Who are we looking for?
You will have familiarity with Linux and the core command line tools, either from a System
Administration or Operations role or personal use (if this is the case please outline your
experience in your cover letter).
You will definitely need:
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and work in a team
- Ability to organise yourself and to adapt in a fast moving, busy environment
- Experience working exclusively in Linux environments.
Here's a non-exhaustive list of tools and technologies we like to use and see on CVs:
- AWS, Azure or Catalyst Cloud (openstack)
- Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
- Docker, KVM
- PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB
- Redis, Memcached
- Nginx, HA Proxy, Apache
- Python, Bash, Git
- Open Compute hardware
Why work for Catalyst?
Being a good employer is really important to us. We pay our staff a fair wage and make
sure they have any support they need to grow their skills. We get together every Friday
afternoon to relax, share company news from around the world and celebrate the
achievements of our staff. We also offer health insurance, flexible working hours, plenty
of training opportunities, and a great central location.
If this sounds like you please apply with CV and Cover Letter.
or the https://catalyst-au.net
Our hiring processes reflect our diversity policy which you can read in full here: