Australian Private Networks are looking for a skilled programmer, ideally with sound
commercial experience working as a NOC Engineer at an ISP.
- Design, deployment and maintenance of network topology.
- Development and management of application services across platforms.
- Ensure stable and reliable ISP network services (e.g. access products, service networks
and core network).
- Day-to-day network performance monitoring.
- Network troubleshooting and fault analysis.
- Participate in out of hours support.
- Proven Linux/UNIX programming skills (CentOS, BSD), experience with open source software
like OpenNMS, FreeRADIUS and pfSense. Advanced scripting skills.
- Sound experience working on network equipment in an ISP environment.
- In-depth understanding of the following technologies: IP Protocols (ICMP, UDP, TCP); IP
filtering and firewalling; Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS); Ethernet (STP, RSTP,
802.1q VLANs, QinQ).
- Experience in open source technology.
- Understanding of bandwidth management, QoS and traffic prioritisation.
- Familiarity with Cisco ASR and ISG platforms.
Closing Date: 9 September
If you would like to apply please send your CV to martin.camilleri at apn.net.au
Show replies by date