Very likely they are and have been.I have strong
evidence of this
such as the following -
- computer slow during startup,shutdown and general operation
compared to just after a fresh install
,I can tell because the fastest computer I normally use is a dual
core and have found these run quicker than hacked
quad and 6 core computers for many /most applications when dual core
How old it the computer? If you have dust in CPU fan then it will
overheat and throttle the CPU so it doesn't overheat. (I just re-lifed
a PC yesterdau for this reason).
- After visiting dodgy websites that create dozens of connections to
residential computers with Firefox,
Multiple connections are standard fare for advert laden sites.
software updates no longer work and a change of password stops linux
Mint from starting up at all.
That is strange.
A check shows almost every file has had its permissions changed.
- When apparently hacked ,some of my data (such as old important
looking photos) has mysteriously gone missing.
- Firefox stops working with many websites when apparently hacked and
slows down dramatically.
- excessive hard drive activity after I visit some websites,like a
search is going on.
- Once I found the "find" command running on one of my computers
using the command htop.It was taking a large chunk of CPU usage.I
never started the "find" command and it was running constantly.
OK I'm guessing the HDD could be the issue - bad sectors would cause
Is it an old disk or a new SSD?